Franchise Opportunities > CD One Price Cleaners Franchise Info
CD One Price Cleaners Franchise Information
CD One Price Cleaners Franchise Start-Up Costs|
• Total Capital Investment
$615,000 - $830,000
The drycleaning and laundry services industry is a huge $9 million marketplace that has demonstrated a relatively stable, slow growth pattern over many years. The service we provide is not a fad that's hot today and gone tomorrow. Our services are utilized at one time or another by a demographically broad cross section of consumers on a weekly basis, creating a consistent demand with only modest monthly fluctuation throughout the year. This industry is highly fragmented, with the majority of stores owned and operated as independent "mom and pop" outlets—creating a great opportunity for our system to leverage the strength of our brand awareness and the grouped buying power of 30 stores for the ongoing purchases of materials and supplies.
Our competitive prices allow us to capture market share from other competitors because at $1.19 for a laundered shirt and $2.29 for ANY single item of drycleaning, our low prices represent a significant savings for our customers—just like other "category killer" companies that have captured significant market share in the office products, hardware and video rental industries. In these challenging economic times, consumers are always interested in saving money without sacrificing quality.
By combining one-price dry cleaning and same-day service, with state of the art equipment in a well-engineered plant, the innovative CD One Price Cleaners concept offers customers the service, quality, and value they demand. Our business model and field support team also provide business owners with the tools they need to run an efficient, volume driven operation.
At CD One Price Cleaners We:
What are the fundamental elements of the Traditional Franchise Program?
- Currently operate over 30 "superstore" drycleaning and laundry locations.
- We are the dominant service provider in the Chicago area with three times the number of stores as our closest competitor in the Chicago market.
- Have aggressively promoted our stores to potential customers through radio, television, mobile billboards and direct mail—advertising vehicles not typically within the promotional budgets of our smaller competitors.
- Build state-of-the-art, 3000 square foot stores that are open, clean and staffed by highly trained and uniformed personnel. We extend our value proposition by serving our customers a free cup of gourmet coffee to make their experience more enjoyable.
- Attract customers with our "no surprises" one-price model where the customer knows exactly what they will be charged—no extra charges for same day service.
Do you need prior industry experience?
- The Initial Franchise Fee is $20,000
- The ongoing royalty is a net 5.5% of the Gross Revenue
- There is an ongoing marketing fee of 3% of the Gross Revenue (with the same contributions from all franchised and company owned stores.)
- We offer an extensive, initial training program that is 5 weeks in duration and covers every facet of the business from customer service, to the proprietary POS system, to cleaning and pressing production in the back. We teach you everything you need to know to be prepared to manage your own store.
- The total initial investment for a new CD One Price Cleaners store is estimated to be between $615,000 and $830,000 including working capital. In most cases, we believe that the cost to open a store will generally range from $650,000 to $700,000 range. Item 7 of our Franchise Disclosure Document provides further detail about these costs. Generally, lenders require about 20%, or approximately $160,000-$200,000 of the total cost, to be invested directly by the Franchisee as part of the financing. We have contacts with several lenders that are familiar with the dry cleaning industry and the CD One Price one-price model and who have financed transactions for franchisees in the past. However, you are free to work with any lenders you choose.
No, you don't necessarily need experience in the dry cleaning industry. We look for franchisees that have great people skills and ideally, prior management or business ownership experience with a strong commitment to customer service. We are looking for owner-operators. We are proud of the fact that a number of our franchisees have current or prior franchise ownership experience with other franchise systems. It is rewarding to know that they value the training and ongoing support of the CD One Price Cleaners franchise program.
Where is CD One Price Cleaners looking to add new franchise stores?
In order for us to provide excellent support services and for our franchisees to leverage our brand and buying power with vendors, we are currently seeking new franchise candidates only in the greater Chicago area. We have new and existing store opportunities available.
To obtain additional detailed information about a CD One Price Cleaners franchise and to learn about attending a Franchise Discovery Night in Chicago, please request information below. Thank you for your consideration.