Franchise Opportunities > GAMETAG Franchise Info
GAMETAG Franchise Information
GAMETAG Franchise Start-Up Costs|
• Liquid Capital Required
$60,000 - $90,000
• Yes, Via Third Party
Do you want to be your own BOSS?
Do you want to DIVERSIFY your current franchise portfolio?
Are you interested in being part of the FASTEST GROWING INDUSTRY in retail?
GAMETAG is the Answer!
GAMETAG stores buy, rent and trade new and used video and computer game equipment, software and accessories.
The founders of GAMETAG are also the brains and experience that grew Hollywood Video and Game Crazy from 0 to 2,500 retail outlets and $1.7B in revenue (2004 H.E.C. 10K).
In 2008 they returned to one of the fastest growing segments in retail to leverage their experience in building the GAMETAG brand. They realized they needed three things for GAMETAG to be successful:
- The leverage of an experienced and passionate team. The team that has assembled to develop and grow the GAMETAG brand, is the same leadership team that guided Hollywood Video and Game Crazy.
- A great Merchandise process. Yearly there are over 500 video game titles that are produced by more than 50 vendors across the six video gaming platforms. Knowing which ones to purchase, in what quantities and how to source them efficiently and at the right price is critical to success in this industry. GAMETAG provides daily product support that includes demand-forecasting, recommended ordering quantities, a single ordering point so that franchisee's do not need to manage dozens of vendor relationships and the buying leverage of a large corporation to ensure that our franchisee's can meet their customers' needs while maximizing their business.
- The right person behind the cash register. Video game stores, like many other retail organizations, grow or decline based on the quality of the person behind the cash register. After running corporate stores for many years, we strongly believe that the passion of an owner-operator running a GAMETAG franchise store provides significant competitive advantage over a faceless corporate competitor.
To be the largest and most recognized franchise brand of Video Game specialty stores in the United States by leveraging the fastest growing industry in the world and the extensive experience of our leadership team.
We offer operations and real estate support by providing the following services:
Quote: "While most industries are shrinking, the video game industry continues its rapid expansion and experienced 47% growth."
- detailed and professional training from a team of experienced retail game professionals
- unique, consumer targeted programs that include loyalty programs, game rental, licensed products and consumable goods
- demand forecasting, planning, leveraged buying power of all corporate and franchise stores and improved margins due to our relationships in the industry (price protection, co-op funds, mark-down funds, vendor support)
- a fully supported point of sale system with real time pricing, ensuring competitive trade value while supporting franchisee margin management
- on-going marketing and advertising support and council to ensure our franchisee's get the most for their marketing dollar
The video game industry has experienced and continues to
experience tremendous growth.
The nearly $20B US video game industry and $35B worldwide industry will continue to grow as gaming continues its socially interactive evolution and broadens its reach to both older and younger players. In addition to the growth numbers there are several key demographics and industry facts which make a GAMETAG placement unique and impactful:
- 78% of game buyers buy used games and say they will continue to buy used games in the next year
- There are over 45 million US gamers that drove 2007 hardware, software and accessory sales up 43% for the year, creating a combined industry value in the US of nearly $20B.
- In 2007, 85% of all games sold were rated as family-friendly entertainment.
- Over the past five years families, women, and the 50+ year old demographic have been the fastest growing demographic segments of the industry. The male-hardcore gamer hasn't gone away from the industry, but is now complemented by broader audience.
- The game rental business, an important program in our GAMETAG stores, not offered by our competitors, generates over $500M a year and adds significant business to a specialty store model.
Today GAMETAG is growing through franchising, corporate
owned stores and acquisitions.
The US market needs a business focused on delivering the right experience for ALL gamers in an environment that feels appealing to experienced gamers as well as families and seniors, while welcoming customers new to gaming.