Franchise Opportunities > Homes & Land Magazines Franchise Info
Homes & Land Magazines Franchise Information
Homes & Land Magazines Franchise Start-Up Costs|
• Liquid Capital Required
When you become a Homes & Land franchisee, we help you integrate
our proven marketing and operating systems to satisfy the customer's needs.
Our philosophy is simple – When our customers win, we all win!"
-- Doug Smidley, President Homes & Land Affiliates
How To Get Started
Deciding to open a Homes & Land franchise is an important decision. Completion of the following steps will start the mutual evaluation process. Our objective in the evaluation process is to help you make the right decision.
Mutual Evaluation Process:
Training And Support
- Complete the Information Request Form
- Complete and submit Request for Consideration
- Initial consultation with Franchise Recruiter
- Receive and review UFOC & Franchise Agreement
- Contact existing franchisees for verification
- Face to face interview in the market with Franchise Recruiter
- Complete market analysis and business plan
- Attend Discovery Day at Homes & Land in Tallahassee, Florida
- Attend two weeks of classroom training in Tallahassee, Florida
- Franchise Agreements signed and fees paid
- Launch your new Homes & Land franchise!
Even though Homes & Land is an established leader in the real estate industry, many of our successful franchise owners had no prior real estate experience. Our extensive training program teaches motivated individuals everything they need to know to be successful publishers.
The primary objective of our classroom and field training is to help you analyze the market, develop the appropriate business strategy, sell to new clients, and generate profits. In addition, we make sure you are capable of publishing a quality magazine that is consistent with the high standards of the Homes & Land network.
Two full weeks of classroom training at our corporate office covers these topics:
There may never be a better time than now to launch a new Homes & Land Magazine. With a softening real estate market and homes staying on the market longer, Realtors® are now seeing more than ever the value to marketing themselves and their properties with Homes & Land.
- Introduction to the real estate industry
- Working with real estate professionals
- Marketing your business
- Learning the sales presentation
- Distributing the magazine
- Setting up the office
- Managing the business
A Legacy Of Success
Homes & Land is the foremost advertiser of homes for sale in North America. For nearly 35 years our quality publications have helped connect top real estate professionals with homebuyers and sellers.
Established in 1973, Homes & Land is a network of more than 340 magazines. Each year Homes & Land publishes approximately 63 million magazines covering thousands of communities across the United States and Canada. Our experience and scope have made Homes & Land one of the most recognized and trusted brand names in the real estate industry.
In addition to our print magazines, Homes & Land is a true Internet pioneer. We have been posting real estate listings online since 1992. Today, HomesandLand.com receives 1.1 million unique visitors per month, and our other online services are a vital part of the marketing program that we provide to our clients.
As a Homes & Land franchisee you will be granted an exclusive territory in which to sell advertising solutions to real estate brokers, agents, and other real estate service providers. Our products are viewed by the trillion-dollar real estate industry as both important and compelling. Successful franchisees are competitive, hard working professionals with the ability to follow our proven system. Success also means a solid future with the opportunity for great financial rewards.
Your Regional Manager will then join you in the exclusive market area to accomplish the following:
In addition, to help you get started we:
- Research and understand the market
- Analyze your distribution locations
- Fine-tune your sales presentation
- Make initial sales calls
- Network with prospects in the real estate community
The support never stops. We have an ongoing series of communication, training, and networking opportunities:
- Build a minimum of your first three issues
- Provide production training in a classroom setting
- Provide initial production assistance in your office
Homes & Land is having another record year! Maybe it's time you join a winning team!
- Your Regional Manager is a continuing resource for marketing consultations and product information.
- Regional workshops and an Annual Business Conference
- A toll-free support line with consultants trained to answer technical questions
- New marketing materials to make selling pages even easier
- A quarterly newsletter filled with practical advice
- Continuing education on products and services relevant to the business through Homes & Land Online University